Views That Allow UPDATE Statements
Creating Views That Can Be Used With an UPDATE Statement
- There are some restrictions to creating a VIEW if you want to be able to run an UPDATE statement against it.
- SELECT list cannot include a DISTINCT clause.
- SELECT list cannot contain aggregate functions (SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX, AVG, COUNT(*))
- SELECT statement cannot use GROUP BY or HAVING. The VIEW cannot include a UNION operator.
- If you use any of the restricted statements, your view will be read-only.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality